Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALCS Game 1 Ticket Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Snrub
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: ALCS Game 1 Ticket Available Reply with quote

Circumstances require me to sell my ticket to Game 1 of the ALCS. Zito-Robertson, 5:00 PST. $65 (face value). You'll be sitting in section 222 with Scott, Jason, and company. First come, first served. I can be reached at (443) 472 3067.
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, actually, there's a 2nd ticket also. So, in total, there's 2 tickets, in between 3rd base and home plate, section 222. The tickets are row 7 seat 17 and row 8 seat 16. This means they are piggybacking each other, and one over. So you're still next to each other but turn your head like 5 more degrees. It's actually better to be one over, because it's hard to turn all the way around to talk, but easy to turn your head partway.

Again, COST price: $65 each.

So what's up? Who wants to see some postseason baseball? This isn't crappy standing room only shit, these are season ticket holder type seats!

Contact me or Dan. I'm 510 835 7694.

- Leo Durocher
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to start a new thread about Game 1. Well, the A's had about a million chances yesterday, but went 0/13 with runners in scoring position (ALCS record) and hit into 4 double plays (ALCS record). A few questionable calls went the Tigers way (strike zone for Zito, and plays at 1st, especially Payton in the 8th). We felt the absense of Mark Ellis when D'angelo Jimenez threw away a would-be double play ball, leading to runs for Detroit. They were patient at the plate, not biting at the balls Zito threw out of the zone. He only threw about 45% strikes, and, though perfect through the first 8 batters, the next 13 batters went 7/10 with 3 walks. The A's crowd unfortunately booed Zito (or was it Macha) when he was chased in the 4th. There were some fights at the game, including apparently some guy belting a cop. Chavez missed a webgem play he usually makes (ruled a hit), and the combo of Swisher/Kennedy/Jimenez flubbed a grounder to 1st base at one point, allowing the batter to reach base.

On the positive side, the A's bullpen looked excellent, with work from Gaudin, Kennedy, Calero, and Blanton. Also, we scored a run off of their top reliever, Joel Zumaya. And it's better to have not hit runners in, than to not have had any runners to begin with. We had plenty of opportunity, just not the key big (or at least timely) hit.

It's only 1 game, these things go to best of 7. Teams who win the first game of the LCS have only won the series 58% of the time, including not since 2001.

- Leo Durocher
Blancito21
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things from someone with replay at his disposal (TiVo):

1. Payton was out. Unbelievable that the ump saw that but correct call nonetheless.

2. Jimenez killed you on that DP. That was pretty routine especially since Chavez started the DP as fast as humanly possible.

3. Tigers approach at the plate has done a complete 180 from what it was in the regular season. That does not bold well for their opponents as combined with their power, contact and speed it makes them rather lethal.

4. Plate ump seemed to shrink his zone for Zito ala Nick Warwick for me at the challenge game. (snicker, snicker) Especially the last pitch to Polanco in the 4th.

5. I think if you ask Chavez if that was a hit or an error, he would give himself the E. He only had to take about 2 steps to his left and what he did was flub the transfer because he tried to do it to fast while still in slide mode. That back hand stab he made an inning or two later was so smooth it's absurd. He also stands differently than any other 3rd baseman in the league.

6. Inge is starting to look like Crede during last year's postseason.

7. I'm going to the game tonight and I will be rooting for the A's.

8. Scott, you are a numbers nerd. Just wanted to point that out.
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blancito21 wrote:
4. Plate ump seemed to shrink his zone for Zito ala Nick Warwick for me at the challenge game. (snicker, snicker) Especially the last pitch to Polanco in the 4th.

Thanks for the compliment, Dan. Maybe I should apply for the World Series job.

(Yes, I know that isn't how it works.)
Blancito21
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ump for me anytime.
Tayster
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad, I can't even bring myself to visit sports websites because I just can't take reading about the A's losing Crying or Very sad
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... why? This is the best time to see what your team is doing. This is when the men are separated from the boys. Who's going to step up and prove themselves? We still have 18 innings to turn this shit around. Don't get your hopes down, A's fans! Crazier things have happened, you know. Just look at the 2004 Boston Red Sox.
Tayster
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southpaw Slim wrote:
Uh... why? This is the best time to see what your team is doing. This is when the men are separated from the boys. Who's going to step up and prove themselves? We still have 18 innings to turn this shit around. Don't get your hopes down, A's fans! Crazier things have happened, you know. Just look at the 2004 Boston Red Sox.
Hope is something I'll never give up. Twisted Evil

I'm just uh... nervous is all >_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> MLB All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: