Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, well -- Kendall's a Cub

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the A's be buyers or sellers in the two weeks between now and the July 31 trading deadline?
Buyers! They're not out of the playoff hunt yet!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sellers. Are you kidding? They're double digits behind the Angels.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
They're going to split the difference and make some contradictory moves (like the Brewers did last year).
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Well, well -- Kendall's a Cub Reply with quote

Considering our discussion on Saturday about Kendall playing a couple more years, this is very interesting timing.

To recap, I said that it was a foregone conclusion that Kendall would play another couple of years at least.

I got (irrationally) angry when Richard said "but there's no way that Oakland is going to re-sign him," which of course meant that he inferred that I thought Oakland would re-sign him, which of course is ridiculous.

There is no way in hell I would ever suggest Oakland would have re-signed Kendall. I responded that since there are fewer than 30 legitimate big-league catchers around, even with a .200 average, Kendall would undoubtedly be playing for some team with a young pitching staff.

But even I underestimated how little Billy Beane wanted Kendall around... he got rid of him today. For Beane, enough was enough (and I don't blame him)... and it's (probably) Suzuki and Bowen the rest of the way.

This was a good move no matter if the A's become buyers or sellers. But in the context of the losing streak and Harden hitting the DL one more time, it doesn't look too good.
Joe shmoe
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea my bad about interruupting

but i am truly surprised that the A's were able to deal kendall, thou i guess the cubs are the only team in contention without a catcher. and kendall does have good second half numbers with a 323 avg after the allstar game . but as you said jason a team with a young staff might over look his poor offense. so maybe if he bats 280 and calls a great games for 5 mil is worth it.

but i doubt he will hit that well
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason he'll fit in with the Cubs is actually 3 reasons: D. Lee, A. Soriano, and Aramis Ramirez. Kendall's anemic offense will be less outrageous considering they have dependable bats in their lineup and will be able to score without him.

- Leo Durocher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> MLB All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: