Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Sandlot" at Piedmont Theater at midnight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: "The Sandlot" at Piedmont Theater at midnight! Reply with quote

Hey -- feel free to come along to see the baseball movie "The Sandlot" (I've never seen it) at midnight at the Piedmont Theater. I think we're going to play wiffle either before or after -- give me a call at 510-684-6100 if you're interested.

Jason
gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really only sort of loosely about baseball and more about learning lessons as a kid. Aimed at 10-year-olds. Would have loved it 22 years ago. But it was still fun.

And... Wiffle balls were hit.
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason... are you kidding ? Smile The Sandlot rules. It's all about those summers gone by where we'd play baseball all day and all night and all the shenanigans (lost baseballs, the forbidden yard, etc...) that go along with it. I still watch it from time to time today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: