Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Nick Adenhart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: RIP Nick Adenhart Reply with quote

Wow. To think of what this guy was doing last night, and then to wake up 12 hours later to find out about his tragedy... I can't believe what the Angels are going through. And only 2 days after a fan gets beaten to death at the stadium!

If you missed it, Adenhart pulled the biggest Houdini act I've ever seen in my life. He left 9 runners on base in the first 5 innings alone, and was able to hand the ball over after blanking the A's into the 7th. Shields and Fuentes coughed up a healthy 3-run lead and lost Adenhart's only decision. But, the future of the Angels had plainly arrived. His father was even there to see him pitch.

After the game, Nick went out for a night on the town with his girlfriend, a catcher he played with at Cal St. Fullerton -- the best friend of Kurt Suzuki, who most likely met up with them -- and a law-student-turned-aspiring-agent.

Nick's girlfriend was driving him home when the convertible they were in was T-boned by a minivan. Nick, his girlfriend, and the agent-to-be were DOA. The lone survivor in the vehicle, Jason Wilhite, is in the ICU and may never be able to play again, emotional trauma aside.

I never thought I would have sympathy for the Angels after watching them celebrate clinching the playoffs in our own home year after year, but I also never expected such a maelstrom of sorrow to hit Anaheim.

Nick Adenhart was 22.
retep
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's given me pause every day.

This is also why I tend to ride the bus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> MLB All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: