Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Live Games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: More Live Games? Reply with quote

Hey all. I'm sure this has been discussed at length in the past, but I was wondering why we don't have more live games! The game last Sunday was AWESOME...way more exciting and rewarding than the team pitch games that we have otherwise.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Should we take a vote each time we meet up to see if we want to do a live game? I think that would be fair.
TheLegend
Babe Ruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post literally made me roflmao.

The answer to your question is: because Scott (who, ironically, you probably haven't met) says so.

or... says... not...

edit: ok, i didn't literally laugh my ass off
Victor
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Joe shmoe
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh good times
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahah classic

Victor, thanks for your thoughtful post. I didn't set up this league for live baseball however. I set it up for entry-level baseball that everyone can play. Basically, glorified softball. I prefer maintaining the non-live setup so a whole new set of baseball people (the non-intense jocks) can participate.

The other thing is that the live games have many problems. There are too many walks, passed balls, stolen bases, etc. There's too few balls actually put in play. The outfielders get barely any action at all. The live games take longer, and our games are already too long.

Again, totally appreciate your thoughtful post, but you're right that this subject has been considered at length previously. I look forward to maybe meeting you someday.

- Leo Durocher
Victor
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried about it any more; I got picked up to pitch for a team in the East Bay, so it's okay. I dig the friendly environment that you guys have set up. Smile
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I came late to this discussion. The point that wasn't made was the actual reason for keeping the league the way it is:

You can play real baseball anywhere. There are dozens of teams in the Bay Area alone that play real baseball, which you found less than a month after asking. But try to find another group like this one and tell me how that goes.

(I didn't mean to sound like an asshole with that last sentence. It just comes naturally sometimes.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: