Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clarification needed for 8/12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLegend
Babe Ruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: clarification needed for 8/12 Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that we should attempt to field the best team we can from our regular attendees. I know it sucks to be snubbed, but I don't think "first come, first serve" (which is the impression that I (possibly mistakenly) got) is the best way to go about putting this team together.

While I totally would love for everyone to show up and even to have an 18-20 player team, I think we should definately give preference to our more... competitive players. With that being said, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to get 12-15 people into the game for at least an inning or two.

Also, what time are we expected to get to Curt Flood? I think 11-11:30 (1.5-2 hours early) would give us plenty of time to stretch out, take fielding practice, work out our lineup, etc.

I am so excited about this game!!!
Anyway... I just want to see these things cleared up so everyone is on the same page.

Cheers!
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm not really willing to tell people they can't play. I got some very negative reactions last time I tried to do that. The best players should just be informed to make sure they show up early. I agree with the time you mentioned. Also, I don't want there to be too many players because then you will get very few at-bats. So help me spread the word to the best players.

- Leo Durocher
TheLegend
Babe Ruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after struggling with the system for a few minutes I took a look at the recent boxscores and it seems we only have about a dozen regulars anyway.

Do we agree that priority should be given to these players over first timers or... say... Mario Hernandez?
gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming my flight doesn't get canceled, I'll be back in town for this, which is cool -- I thought I would miss it.

From my point of view, for the sake of competition, I'm willing to concede a starting spot to someone who's displayed more baseball skills than I have. I know not everyone would feel that way, but I don't really care. Though it would be fun to come in as a LOOGY or something. Especially since I'd like to try out pitching with movement allowed.
Frank
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, so what time does the game actually start on Sunday?
Joe shmoe
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the game starts at 1

thou i think people will start showing up at/ before 12
to warm up and all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: