Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is up with the website??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: What is up with the website?? Reply with quote

The website design changed because I installed WordPress blogging/content management software, for exactly one reason: so that the site could be updated remotely. That way I am not tethered to my computer at 12:30 pm every Sunday. I'd been putting it off too long so I finally just did it yesterday.

WordPress requires a "theme," and I didn't really have time to do a lot of customization, so I just found a theme that already existed that seemed reasonably appropriate. Probably an actual design will follow at some point. It's also possible to make it into a blog, though I don't know exactly why we'd want to do that.
gohlkus
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, no one cares... Smile
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Hey!!!! Reply with quote

You might be reading this post because you logged in and noticed that there were no recent posts. There's no real specific reason for this. As the community has grown over the last 7 years, it has changed as well, with people moving out of state, etc. For instance, some of the folks who did the most posts no longer live around here.

Another thing that reduced posting was when we stopped data-entering the statistics. It was motivating to come to the forum to brag, argue, or talk some shit about the statistics. But now those stats live only on the paper scoresheets we continue to use at our games.

It's an old subject, but what's needed to make online stats a reality again is: a) server space to host the stats; b) a decent enough computer that can handle translating the data-entering of the stats onto the server; c) some program to give us the ability to interact with the stats; and d) someone to do all the data-entry. We've had most of these things, but not all, since the demise of online stats.

- Leo Durocher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: